Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Resurrection of Cognito Files!

I was going through my yahoo mail archives today. Saw a lot of stuff that brought back memories of my past days in school. A lot of 'not-so-good memories', a couple of 'bring-a-smile-to-my-face' memories, and a few 'in-between' memories.

I saw letters I had sent out under the Cognito File Magazine thing I was doing back then. Cognito Files was a small publication I was producing back then with a couple of friends. It consisted mostly of gopsel messages and words of encouragement, you know, Bible-based, church stuff. At one point, I started sending articles online via email to my readers. It was fun then cos I loved writing, loved encouraging folks etcetera

When I saw those letters, I smiled because a lot of things have changed since then. I have changed, friends have changed, and life has changed. But you know what? As I read through the articles, I was so tripped because I found them both encouraging and engaging. I marvelled that I was such a good writer then (hey, pardon my vanity. lol)

I then began to remember the passion and zeal that tormented me then, way back in '03. A passion to write and be read. A zeal to produce the best Christian or Gospel Magazine of our times. A passion that has since dwindled, almost snuffed out(remember what i said about changes?)

But I realized from the responses I got then, and from the way I felt after reading a few of the articles, that I had a good thing going on then, in spite of my naivety and ignorance about lifes issues etc (long story and we haven't got all day). So I decided to dig open the grave and bring out the vision of Cognito Files once again, which is to encourage people to face life WITH GOD! Encouragement that we all need.

I'm not as 'churchy' as I used to be (like a lot of us am sure), but let's face it, no matter how far we have drifted from God, we still need Him in our lives (that is as long as you believe He exists. I do). So this blog is an attempt to bring back to life the vision that was a source of inspiration to a number of friends back then, hoping that from the pages of this blog, both you my readers, and the blogger himself, will find inspiration and motivation to cast aside the flesh with all its carnality and weakness, and FACE LIFE WITH GOD!

Happy following!

2 comments:

Jeediof said...

Marvelled at your creativity! Keep it up

Shawn said...

Thanks bro.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...