Monday, September 28, 2009

Dreams do come true!

You know when God decides to get you on your knees and pour out buckets of blessings on your head it can be a very unreal experience. It feels like you are dreaming and every now and then you pinch yourself to see if you are really awake.

God recently pulverised my life with a barrage of blessings. Though it was something I had longed for desperately for the past 3 or 4 months, when it came, I honestly felt it was too good to be true. Each morning I would wake up and look around expecting to see that I was back to square one.

In fact, I at times found myself repeatedly asking God to bless me as though He had not already done it. The truth is that I somehow felt I didn't deserve to be so blessed.I had often felt that you had to be a saint to get God to answer your prayers. I sure haven't been one.
When God gives you your heart's desire exactly as you requested for it, it's an amazing experience.

Looking back, I realize it was a journey of faith...a good fight of faith, as Apostle Paul would put it. 6 months ago it was merely a wish. Three months later it became a desperate desire. At times I would be so sonfident in the faith I had, and I would visualize it happening and draw inspiration from it. But most times I would be shaken by doubt and descend into despair.

My dear Sokoto friend was a great encouragement. She provided a listening ear and a few other things, to make me feel that I could cope with the present situation. I must confess it wasn't easy.

Now I drive around my new environment and sit in my new office, and whenever I remember where I was driving and sitting barely a month ago...a wide smile creeps onto my heart and spills over on to my face....haa

God is indeed good and kind and merciful.

2 comments:

Admin said...

ummm just checking u out,cheers

Christie said...

life has principles, you have recognized and applied a principle through your application of faith in what you wanted, God is not unjust not to make it. Cheers to greater days of your desires coming to pass.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...